Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Glorious Downfall of Jerk-Face McGee

The Glorious Downfall of Jerk-Face McGee

Today in my Intro to Journalism class Jerk-Face McGee was finally replaced with the rightful and true Prof, a Mr. Richard Rooney. Mr. Rooney is a very jolly Englishman who has been spending the last few years teaching in Papua New Guinea, Swaziland, and Cyprus. He graciously let the editor from UB Horizon yell at the class for failing to write and hand in articles (Diana and I did ours, of course) for 45 minutes, and then took over. He taught us some important basics witch Jerk-Face never mentioned and then let us out early. Triumph!

Also, yesterday we learned that the Prof for Intro to PR and Advertising who has been teaching our class was “not the appointed professor” and our class “will not meet until further notice”. Shit. I guess on the lighter side of things, I won't need to get up at 8 am tomorrow. Just my ARC class at 9 and then TV Production (probably not happening) at 2.00.


Hanging Out With Diana Abankwah

I spent a few hours this afternoon with Diana, my friend with the white yarn woven into her dreadlocks. Not only this, but she has a beautiful script tattoo running down her calf, and always wears clothes I am jealous of. We drove to Riverwalk and got some shopping done. Work pants for me, as well as a cool bowl so that I can stop eating out of plastic cups. We also bought candy -OF COURSE. After the mall we stopped at a local artists workshop/display place/gallery to admire the work. I found some lovely animal paintings which are tattoo worthy, and Diana went mad for a sculpture of a man praying. After this cultural outting we returned to UB for a round of watching 'Bridesmaids'. Now Diana has gone home and I have just finished eating my first bowl of Botswana Ramen Noodles, curry flavored. Diana and I made plans to meet up on Friday and go to Game City to look at a shop run by a Tanzanian woman. Diana guarantees that I will love the stuff there. I trust her.

No comments:

Post a Comment